Agave, Roppongi
No, I know that these days tequila is all about 'sipping', and in
fact the guy sitting next to me was working on a small snifter of something called "Aha Toro". Put an exclamation point in the middle and this sounds like someone who's woken up in the streets of Pamplona with a massive hangover, being stared down by two tons of Spain's finest.I write about Agave not due to any great love of Tequila (he didn't even finish the Aha Toro, but kept looking at it queasily), nor fondness for the poorly-made frozen margaritas I consumed, nor any rancor due to my hangover, but simply because the nachos were really tasty. In a harsh dessert climate like Japan, devoid of human comforts like rain, plant life and Mexican food, these nachos were close to heaven. The 'you've been stuck in a Mexican cantina where the sun don't shine' atmosphere is pretty cool too. The live music (guitar and harp) is another great touch, although I was peeved that they wouldn't let me play the guitar. Then again, I wouldn't have let me play the guitar either.
In the name of the Blessed Virgin,
03-3497-0229
Comments
Post a Comment